Our servers are setup to protect themselves if they perceive a threat by blocking the IP. There are many things which can trigger a block on your server including:
- Entering the wrong username or password multiple times within 5 minutes when logging into the control panel, email, or a password-protected area on the website.
- Opening too many connections to the server at one time. For FTP, we recommend setting your FTP program to open no more than 2-3 connections at a time. For email, please set your email client to check email no more often than 5-10 minutes apart. If multiple computers are checking email, please stagger the times they are checking so they are not all trying to check email at the exact same time.
- Several disconnects and reconnects in a short period of time may cause it.
- More than 4 of the temporary blocks in a 24 hour period.
- We may in extreme situations manually block a range of IP addresses we see attacking the server.
You can tell you are blocked if you cannot access your website, Cpanel, FTP, or email on a Cpanel server.
If you cannot access the website, try accessing the domain(s) using http://www.megaproxy.com/freesurf/ or http://www.proxify.com/ which will not be blocked or access from another computer that is not on the same internet connection. You can also reset your cable or DSL modem to get a new IP assigned to you.
To get your IP unblocked, please contact [email protected] and provide the IP to unblock which you can see by viewing the IP in the box at the bottom of this page from the blocked computer. We may also need the full results of a trace to the server so we can verify where the block is occurring. For cpanel servers, trace to your domain or server name.
If blocked, the user will see an error on the screen that gives the IP address that is blocked:
Sorry, but your connection to this server has been blocked by our server's firewall due to repeated failed login attempts or other security violations. If you are the owner of this site, please contact your web host for assistance.
Please provide your blocked IP address which is XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
This server's hostname is nvme.soomroserver.com (or another hostname may appear).
If this occurs, the user will need to contact [email protected] or use the Help Desk to provide this information so that we can examine the issues and unblock the IP if appropriate.
The tool below shows your current IP along with details such as your ISP Provider (which is helpful information to know should you be having email problems).