- Login to cPanel.
- Locate and click on the "Hotlink Protection" icon within the "Security" category.
- To enable/disable Hotlink protection, click on the "Enable" or "Disable" button.
- Under the "URLs to allow access" heading, enter the name of your domain and any subdomains that will require access to server resources (images, etc).
- Under the next heading, enter the extensions of files you want to block direct access to. Many common file types will be listed by default.
- Choose whether or not to allow direct access to the file (The file can be accessed directly from the browser, just not from another web page.)
- You can enter a "Redirect" URL for requests that attempt to access a hotlink protected resource. This page may be a "Hotlinking is not allowed" page.
- Click the "Submit" button to save your settings.
- 0 Users Found This Useful
How do I block an IP address from accessing my site?
If you wish to ban a user from accessing your website in any way, the best way to do this is to...
How do I password protect a directory?
Login to cPanel. Locate and click on the "Password Protect Directories" icon under the...
What is hotlink protection?
Hotlink protection is disabling external use of your resources. For instance, if your website has...
IP has been blocked from accessing website
Our servers are setup to protect themselves if they perceive a threat by blocking the IP. There...